Business Intelligence Analyst 1 - Enterprise Data and Information Services * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req6025
FTE status: 1
Under limited direction, builds and supports business intelligence and analytics initiatives to enhance departmental and organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Works closely with other Health Information Technology Services staff to plan and implement strategies. Writes, clarifies, and interprets specifications for reports and translates specifications into report. Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates customer request to assess reporting needs. Designs, documents, develops, tests, implements, and maintains user reports. Recommends guidelines, standards, and methodology changes as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 2 years of experience in one or more of the roles listed below, or four years of commensurate experience.
- Requires SQL script development, and an operational understanding of the components of the technologies that support a hospital system.
- Recommended experience with Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services or comparable reporting framework.
- Skills in Epic Clarity report development preferred.
- Novice to intermediate skills are required in the functional areas above.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conducts analysis of departmental, organizational, and individual information needs relative to specific assignments.
- Analyzes system performance, data integrity and security requirements in development and resolution work.
- Documents all phases of project and product life cycles.
- Provides technical assistance in resolving developed tools issues
- Remains technically current in areas specifically assigned.
- Establishes and continues development toward personal career goals.
- Develops or participates in development of reports, queries, scripts, and system testing strategies.
- Supports and educates others in support of applications and tools developed, as well as third party applications assigned.
- SQL and other report development.
- Participates in support of applications that require scripting methodologies.
- Assists in any other activity as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.