Manager Cardiac Cath Lab and Interventional Radiology * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req5252
FTE status: 1
An exempt position responsible for managing the daily operations of the Cardiovascular lab area to include the pre/post care area.
- Current RN License in State of Michigan, BSN preferred.
- Minimum five years of professional nursing experience including two years supervisory-level experience, preferably in invasive cardiology and ACLS certified.
- Knowledge of nursing proactive principles and techniques, occupational health and safety hazards and standards, and health care laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of budgetary, supervisory, human resources and quality-improvement principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of principles of employee development to ensure appropriate training and mentoring of staff.
- Skill in identifying problems, researching and recommending solutions.
- Skill in developing and maintaining a high level of quality care/quality assurance.
- Skill in exercising high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making.
- Ability to manage the overall provision of nursing services and build consensus among staff.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals at all levels of the medical practice.
- Ability to demonstrate full range of motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Plans, implements, and manages clinic activities to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analyzes data on patient outcomes, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity and prepares reports for administration.
- Oversee daily operations and delegate authority to appropriate staff.
- Oversee clinical care, ensuring compliance with established regulations and standards including quality assurance, confidentiality, and medical record documentation.
- Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff on patient and physician issues. Studies patient needs/trends and suggests solutions to ongoing patient care problems.
- Collaborates with director on development and implementation of clinical department’s mission, goals, policies, procedures, budget, quality assurance plan, and work standards.
- Complies/analyzes data on patient outcomes, quality assurance results, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity and prepares reports for administration.
- Analyzes staffing patterns. Collaborates with human resources department on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training, and evaluating staff.
- Purchasing and inventory control and over-site including invoice resolution and approval.
- Performs other duties as assigned with regular and predictable attendance.